Time Needed : 5 minutes
Pie charts are probably the most used charts to visualize data in Microsoft PowerPoint. To make this data look more satisfying to see, you can add some animations within the chart. Check out a guide below about how to animate pie charts in PowerPoint!
- Go to the Insert menu.
- Click on Chart.
- Go to the Pie chart menu, and select the type of chart you want to use. Then, click OK. In this guide, I'm going to use the basic pie chart.
- You can adjust the value of the chart in this Excel-like window.
- Go to Animations.
- Select Wheel. You can choose other animations type you want, but the Wheel animation, in particular, looks really great on pie charts. You can see the result at the end of this guide. Advertisement
- Still within the Animations menu, click on Animation Pane.
- Right-click on the Chart at the Animation Pane, then select Effect Options…
- On the Chart Animation tab, select By Category and click OK to confirm the new setting.
- Here's the result. If the GIF below doesn't animate, see via this link.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Pie charts
Keep in mind, you can also set the trigger of animations, its duration, timing, and other effects. If the animations won’t start during a presentation, please refer to 5 Fixes for Animation Won’t Start in PowerPoint.