Time Needed : 1 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to automatically fit a picture into a PowerPoint slide background without having to resize or adjusting its aspect ratio manually. This process is basically converting your picture into a slide background in the easiest manner.
- Right-click on the slide and select Format Background. This action will open a new panel on the right side.
- Select Picture or texture fill.
- Click on File to browse the picture. You can also select an image from online sources as well.
- Select the image you want to insert into the slide, then click Open. Doesn't matter if the image is too big, too small, or has an unmatched aspect ratio, Microsoft PowerPoint will fit it to the slide somehow.
- The image should be fitted perfectly, covering the entire area of the slide.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Although PowerPoint will automatically fit your picture, it best to have the right size and proportion to enhance the audience’s experience during a presentation. Of course, nobody wants to see a blurry image on the screen.
If you have multiple images and want to use them as a background on PowerPoint slides, check out the previous guide about Inserting Multiple Images as PowerPoint Background Slides.
1 thought on “How to Fit Picture into PowerPoint Slide Automatically”
Hi. Nice trick but am correct in thinking that you can’t just cut and paste an image from somewhere else using this method? You have to save it then insert it as a Background.
I guess it also means that you can’t animate it either…although one could use a Slide Transition for that to some degree.
Good effort but not quite what I want, yet, I think.
Down to Powerpoint, not your suggestion, of course.