Time Needed : 1 minutes
Microsoft PowerPoint introduces a read-only restriction to prevent accidental changes by other people who are not listed as the file's author. You can make your PowerPoint file become read-only easily by following the step by step guide below.
- Open the PowerPoint file you want to set as read-only.
- Go to the File menu.
- Click on Info, select Protect Presentation > Always Open Read-Only.
- You would see the option is now highlighted in yellow.
- Save the PowerPoint file. You can also choose to Save As a new separated file.
- The PowerPoint file with the read-only restriction will give you a notice like this. You can click on Edit Anyway Advertisement
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PowerPoint file (PPT/PPTX)
Love the design of the PowerPoint file above? Get the 3-item Pricing Table PowerPoint Template for free now!
Keep in mind that other people still able to edit the file if they wish by unlocking the read-only protection, at least this will prevent some unintentional changes when they are using the file. It best to create a duplicate version just in case the other is messed up.