Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to adjust the slide size in a PowerPoint file. You can change the height and width, along with the orientation (landscape/portrait). However, you may need to redesign the content after changing the dimension because in most cases, the content would appear a bit messy. Here is how to change dimension size in PowerPoint (all versions).
- Launch PowerPoint, or you can also open the PPTX file you want to change its slide dimension.
- Go to the Design menu.
- Click on Slide Size > Custom Slide Size…
- Select the Slides sized for according to your needs. You can also select custom size and portrait orientation.
- Click OK to confirm.
- The new dimension will slightly mess slide content. Please choose either Maximize or Ensure Fit. You probably need to try them to see which one is the best for you.
- Now the slide size has changed (along with the content).
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PowerPoint slide
Please keep in mind, changing the slide dimension would affect how it looks on the projector screen. For example, if you switch to a narrow slide size, it may leave a noticeable black area when being presented at the widescreen projector. Hence, make sure you know the right dimension for your presentation size.